Sunday, November 29, 2009

To Flock or not to Flock...


The other day, as I was browsing the Christmas department of a local shop, I stopped in my tracks at the sight of a perfectly flocked Christmas tree (like the one below) for sale. As I gingerly lifted the price tag to see what the damage would be, I was taken aback at its $250 cost. A quick search of the store revealed that I would not be able to purchase a spray to do it myself to one of the several trees sitting in my basement, au natural.



Resolving to do a quick online search regarding the how-tos of flocking a tree, I headed home with a new mission. This is what I found, and I figured if I was interested in flocked trees and doing it myself, then you might be, too.

The question is, who will see it through: you, or me?


Only time will tell!


According to the Associated Content, "Faux snow or flock can be a hard item to find in store sometimes. Around the holidays, you should be able to locate a can of flock which is called 'Snow Flock Machine.' It's 16 ounces and can be found at Target, Walmart, or Home Depot. If you aren't near any of these stores, you can purchase flock online at any of these stores as well (Target, Walmart, Home Depot). A can of flock runs for about $10.50, but one can will cover your entire tree."

If anyone has ever attempted this themselves, I would love it if you would share which technique you used and whether you think it was worth the effort!
 
coompax-digital magazine