Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Decorating Diary...

I am trying desperately to sort through my photos and put them in albums. Also, I need to print out about a year's worth of photos. As a result, I found these photos of two of my former kitchens - one at Christmas - that I thought would be fun to share.



This photo shows my dual coloured cabinetry. I loved the green, with the black tiled counter tops, but felt a lighter hue on top would be brighter and fun. I only lived in this house a year, and I really loved the kitchen; though I would never recommend tiled countertops (which my husband had really wanted), especially if you like to bake.
 Fortunately, it wasn't too much of a problem for me...!

The next is the kitchen in another of my former homes:

I couldn't find the photo showing the other/main angle. Note the attempt to camouflage my ugly, starting to rust fridge. I attached a message board I made to the front using velcro. I also painted a chalkboard onto the door going down to my basement.

I also found this shot of the exterior of this home:


And finally, the little vintagey bathroom in the little brick house we renovated after the one above:

Sorry for the poor picture quality. These are scans!

Of course, you didn't think I could resist throwing in a funny photo of my girlie (at age three), did you?


She is the perfect example of a woman juggling it all: babies, work, high heels, even a bathing suit with no tan. Go Sophie!!
 
coompax-digital magazine