Thursday, June 19, 2008

Showing me up!!

photo source: msnbc.com

Oh yeah. So, just in case I figured I had done something herculean by running just over three miles after four months of training, this woman had to go and trump my miniscule achievement big time!! Yeah, that's right! It seems this woman (who looks just way too good to have six babies this age) apparently gave birth to sextuplets, nearly died doing so, and vowed (after several months of bed rest) that she would run a marathon by her children's first birthday!!

Oyyy...that she did; and considering she probably was able to train for only slightly longer than me, she managed to run an entire marathon, with her adorable babies there to meet her at the finish line!! The power of a woman...So check out the story for yourself, and for those of us who say we don't have the time to exercise...well, that excuse fall short right about now, doesn't it??

I salute this woman and am so happy she is healthy and able to achieve such an incredible goal. That said, I suddenly find myself, and my balloon, quickly deflating with rather a pitiful hiss. I think I need a drink...or a rather large piece of cake!! Yeah, that's the spirit!!
 
coompax-digital magazine