Friday, August 21, 2009

La Lighting...

So often when I go to a client's house, they are looking for help with choosing paint colour, furniture placement, and accessories. As I always do when I enter a client's home, my eyes always travel upwards towards the ceiling, to see what style of lighting they have. I believe you can often tell what a client's style is by their choice in lighting. This is not a fool-proof guide however; because some home-owners give very little thought whatsoever to their lighting choices.

As someone who believes the right lighting can make or break a look, I make it my personal mission to "enlighten" my clients on the value and merits of having great lighting in their home. I always bring it up, especially if I feel they could benefit from a change, but also realize that if I recommend something they weren't planning, it is only kind to have some affordable sources at my ready to pass on.

While browsing the lighting section of the Sears (Canada) website for a client the other day, I was amazed at the selection and great prices they were offering up. I could not believe the variety of styles and prices they offered and thought I would share some of the fixtures with you:

price: $127.50



Aren't these great?!!
**********************************
As you can see, I'm obviously hooked on lighting! If you want to see what others are hooked on this week, check out Julia's "Hooked On" party, where she so kindly wrote about our new Flea Market Style magazine blog. Be sure to check it out and Ki, Matthew and I and the rest of the team wish to thank everyone who has taken our blog button, befriended us on Facebook and Twitter, became a "follower"/friend and/or wrote a post about the new blog. We are so grateful and inspired to create the best magazine and blog for those who share our love for vintage style!
 
coompax-digital magazine