Sunday, August 30, 2009

Would you, Could you, in a Barn?

The handy man and I celebrated sixteen years of marriage on Friday, and in true form, we celebrated it surrounded by our family while we camped our last camping trip of the season. We are not fussy or complicated, nor has our marriage been; and that is just fine with us. Because we love to tease each other, the inevitable question always pops up each year: would we do it all over again...and my favourite way to pester him: discussing at length how I would plan our renewal of vows (because we really would do it all over again, except there will be no vow renewal...the handy man thinks that is just plain silly!!).
Now, we had a relatively modest affair - though it was as big as I'd ever want it - and it had its fair share of pomp and ceremony. Still, if I were doing it all over again, I think I would do it this way:
  • Outdoor venue: why not a barn? Of course make it one that has never housed animals and the resultant manure, of course!
Simple, homemade wedding favours and table decor:
Whimsical ways of involving the guests, like a simple string of photos of the happy couple. Don't you love this?
And what would I wear?
A simple cotton frock, with cowgirl boots underneath?
Nuh, uh!! No way!
I would pull me a Carrie Bradshaw and wear something like this:
After all, it's my fantasy wedding, isn't it?
****************************************
all images: Martha Stewart.com
If you want to read about the best frugal, yet stylish, wedding of all time, check out those crazy kids over at Young House Love. Don't you just love them and their smokin' creativity?!
 
coompax-digital magazine