Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Visit...and The Cottage of the Month!

Getting down to business!

You might have guessed I had a busy week! For those who are familiar with this blog, and for those who are new here, I had a little taste of "living the dream" this week. Matthew and Jenny Mead, of Matthew Mead Style, arrived on Monday to shoot Sophie's playhouse for the upcoming magazine, Flea Market Style. We also did some more fun shooting of another spot I cannot yet reveal. Even I had my moment before the camera, and we had a good laugh at just how unphotogenic I really am! As someone who usually scampers away when a camera comes out, it was a bit daunting to pose for such a professional! Matthew and Jenny were as lovely and down to earth as I knew they would be and put me instantly at ease. I can honestly say I was sad to see them go. That is all I am going to reveal for now, as I am saving the real behind-the-scenes peek at Matthew and Jenny's visit for the new Flea Market Style blog...coming soon!!

Now, I want to send a huge thank you out to Jennifer at The Old Painted Cottage for featuring my little house as her Cottage of the Month. When Jennifer suggested it to me I was so excited; as anyone who is a fan of her Cottage of the Month site knows, getting the nod from Jennifer is a serious honour. Jennifer has had her own beautiful home featured in the pages (and on the cover!) of Romantic Country magazine, and is presently renovating another California cottage, which all of her fans are waiting with bated breath to see. If you haven't checked our her gallery of featured homes, you are in for a serious treat. Pour yourself a nice cup of tea and be prepared to be glued to your computer screen...as you take the tour of some gorgeous "cottages"!
Thank you, Jennifer!!
 
coompax-digital magazine