Monday, January 26, 2009

Baby, It's Cold...Outside!


Yesterday, my husband came in from outside muttering under his breath. Upon questioning, he declared, "I am sick of this cold!"

me: "Oh, do you have a cold?"

A heavy sigh later, and he clarified that he is tired of all this cold...weather.

It was quite uncharacteristic of him. In fact, neither of us are prone to complaining about winter. We are the rare breed of people who enjoy the fact that on a really cold day we can come inside, flick on the (gas) fireplace, and sip a cup of tea or coffee while we warm up. We consider ourselves lucky: 0ur boys play basketball, not hockey, so we aren't subjected to long spells of frigid weather and stinging toes.

I was quite intrigued by this change of attitude...


To make matters worse, I think I have now absorbed this new-found dislike of our winter. I am a bit of an absorber anyway. I pick up other's habits, moods, and imagine that if I spent a week in a foreign country, I'd come back with an accent. It's weird I know, but quite unintentional.

So now I'm cold. Really cold. Can't get warm...

Of course, a minus 32 windchill might be part of the problem...

(photo: Toast.uk)

So, off I go to flick on the fireplace, put some slippers on, look through some cookbooks for a yummy meal, laden with comfort, and when my other half with the frostbitten attitude comes through the door, I'll plug in the kettle and warm his heart.

After all, there's a whole lot of winter left. No point in grumbling too soon...


Besides, the winter brought these beauties: bottles of Evian water designed by Christian LaCroix. I got mine right after Christmas for half price ($2.99) at a local grocery store. I think they are also at Target...

Now, off you go out into the cold and get some. I'll stay in...I already have three!!

 
coompax-digital magazine