Friday, January 30, 2009

Design Crushes...

(photo source: Coastal Living.com)


We all have them...

Considering I am a married woman, I figure a design crush is the safest, most appropriate kind of crush to have. After all, don't we all put some of our favourite design celebrities on a (beautifully designed) pedestal? And really, I have to somehow justify the ridiculous number of design magazines I have purchased over the years...

Enjoy the (growing) list of my favourites, and perhaps you'll develop your own crush on one or more of these talented individuals.

In essence, I believe in giving credit where credit is due, and the following industry leaders deserve the accolades I have given them:

Matthew Mead ...
(well, you knew he'd be at the top of the list, didn't you?)

Matthew Mead is a stylist, editor, and writer whose work I admire very much. I have had the good fortune to interview and do collaborative posts with him, and I can attest that he is as nice a person as he is talented. If you want great inspiration and style tips, read the following posts and be sure to check out his website: Matthew Mead Style.com . But first, check him out here:









Peter Fallico...Canada's favourite male HGTV designer. Sure, he may not go around flexing his biceps like Mike Holmes, but he doesn't have to do demo; he does design...cool, smart design. Plus he can make you just about anything you want made; or even better, he'll teach you how to do it!!
Sarah Richardson...if Peter is Canada's favourite male designer, then Sarah is Canada's interior design sweetheart. Though once more girl next door (when Room Service was her media outlet), Sarah Richardson is decidedly more sophisticated city girl now, at the helm of the slick, stylish Design Inc. Either persona, Sarah can do it all - from country cottages and get-aways (like this yurt), to industrial spaces, posh homes and her own decked out (though charming, coastal style) cottage...on its own island!

*****************************************
Keep checking back as I add more of my favourites to this list!


 
coompax-digital magazine