Friday, January 9, 2009

The Benevolent Sisterhood of Woman...

Taking the inspiration for my title from a Broadway musical, I am tipping my hat to the notion that women supporting women is a very good thing indeed. I am honoured to say that my blog is being featured today on the Secrets in The Sauce website - a pillar of the notion that women cheering on women will propel everyone forward, serve to inspire and incite creativity and just make you feel good. There is no negativity over there, and only the kindest of comments happen amongst the women who frequent each others blogs and websites...offering only support and camaraderie. To read more about their motto, go here...but don't forget to comment...it's part of the creed!!

On that note, I want to turn the spotlight on to Melaine of My Sweet Savannah, a blogger and artist who not only serves up frequent design inspiration and great posts, but has one of the best online Etsy shops ever. I had the pleasure of purchasing some great items from her shop this Christmas. Not only did she gently guide this Etsy virgin, but the items arrived so fast I barely had time to shake the green grass of me! Here is a peek at one of the items I bought:

What is it? Only the most gorgeous wooden plaque (and it's big!) I have ever seen!! I can't wait to hang it next year...perhaps in a room I am currently in the process of doing over...more on that later. Please go check out both her blog and Etsy shop. You'll be glad you did!!

Another shout out to Ki Nassauer and her Junk Revolution website. Fun things are beginning to happen over there (did I mention you she has an online shop?) and the message boards are now up. There, you can share great ideas, junk finds, and find out when all the good junk sales and flea markets are...and share your favourite haunts.

It's a sisterhood, after all...

 
coompax-digital magazine