Sunday, February 8, 2009

Have a seat!

Well, it's finally complete! What started with a little ol' paint job and grew into a whole room make-over, can now be scratched off the list of winter projects. I had mentioned in my post about Sophie's bedroom that her daddy was making her something special for the little nook area of her room.
Here it is, a windowless window seat!

I used curtain panels from Wicker Emporium (Cdn) for both the curtains and fabric for the bench seat (I purchased the matching pillows, too). I have a very talented seamstress friend who can sew anything to perfection. She made the cushion cover for the actual bench. (If anyone in my area would like her contact info, just email me!) The curtains that adorn the area were too long, so I (relying on my own sewing skills, which are next to nil) simply cut them off and glue-gunned the pom pom fringe on. Not very professional, but immediately satisfying!


Sophie plans to use the space not as only great reading nook, but also as a sleep-over spot. The seat is wide enough for her younger or petite friends to sleep on. There is lift up storage beneath the bench for extra blankets and out-of-season clothes.





Sophie figures she will also be able to close the curtains over and use the bench as a stage...

We'll see about that!!

 
coompax-digital magazine