Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Girl in me...

I played in this on Sunday:

I wasn't exaggerating when I told you that the play house is as much mine as my daughter's! I decided to poke my nose into it to make sure it was wintering well (and it was) and when Sophie caught wind of what I was doing she duly followed me inside. Although it was fairly cold, we had a lovely little meal of (plastic) spaghetti and meat sauce, replete with crusty bread and smoothies. She tossed in some plastic strawberries and cherries into her toy blender, and within seconds we were (pretend) sipping on a seriously delicious drink. I held her baby while she cooked and the sun coming in the peak's window warmed me as I pretended to eat and care for my toy grandchild. I didn't feel at all silly, as the joy she got from rediscovering her playhouse was contagious. She had forgotten this, and had wondered where that had been...she was in her element.
And I was in mine.

Twenty cold toes later (we took off our boots to protect her hardwood floors - like every good Canadian does), and we headed inside for some real hot chocolate.
The next day, when the sky was dropping snow and freezing rain upon us, she asked if we could do it all over again...
The grown-up in me declined.
I don't particularly like frozen toes...
So I "ate" this instead:

****************************************************
If you want to see the rest of Sophie's playhouse, go here!
 
coompax-digital magazine