Thursday, February 12, 2009

Love Hearts Fudge


Need a last-minute recipe for a treat to send in for your child's Valentine's party?


Although we were encouraged to send in a healthy treat (which I endorse, of course), I don't want to be the mum who sends in broccoli and dip.


Not that there's anything wrong with that...

No sir. I want to be among the ranks of mums who send in something that Sophie's classmates might ooh and aah over as she passes her treat around the class.

So, I made my Valentine standby, which I have been sending in for years with my boys and now Sophie:

Love Hearts Fudge (makes 36-48, depending on size)

That was the picture, now here is the recipe:

milk chocolate layer: 1 1/4 C milk chocolate chips
1/2 C sweetened, condensed milk
dash of salt

white chocolate layer: 1 1/4 C white chocolate chips
1/2 C sweetened, condensed milk
dash of salt

**Line and 8x8 baking pan with tin foil; set aside. In med.-sized microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate ingredients and microwave for 30 second intervals (takes approx 60 seconds total). Smooth and spread chocolate into pan. Wait until slightly cooled and set. Then add white chocolate layer. Let set a few minutes, then score into equal pieces (you decide the amount) and put Love Hearts (conversation hearts) candy on each square. Chill uncovered in fridge at least two hours. Cut and put in mini-muffin cups.

***********************************
I also wanted to thank everyone for their great, kind feedback about my four-second question. I feel so buoyed by your response and I am so glad I don't have to edit every post into four second sound bites!! You are a wonderful bunch of caring, talented women (and a few men, too!!) and I so appreciate you actually reading what I take the time to write. I think we are all unanimous that blogging is a lot of work, but can be so very rewarding.

Thank you and Happy Valentine's Day!!!
 
coompax-digital magazine