Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dreaming of Slipcovers...

above photo: Country Home.com

My living room is still in need of two things: an area rug (which I refuse to buy until I can find one that I both love and can afford) and a new slipcover for the comfy armchair in the corner of the room. While it is not offensive in any way, it doesn't reflect my style. I bought it because it was the nicest one in the furniture store at the time, and it fit the requirements of what I was looking for in a chair.
As I search for the perfect fabric (again, one that I love and can afford), I find myself browsing beautiful sites online where the slipcovers leave me longing for something equally lovely. Patience is not my virtue, but it seems I will have to master it anyway...
Now, for your viewing pleasure:
Above photo source: Flickr.com
above two photos: Country Home.com

I think I am leaning towards a powdery blue fabric, with a piping in a fun, retro fabric. I'll see what I can find...

 
coompax-digital magazine