Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Inspired Speechless...

designer: Tria Giovan

After my crafty weekend, I began daydreaming about how lovely it would be to have a beautiful creative space of my own. Now, I have carved out a spot in my downstairs family room, but it is not really measuring up. Ultimately, it is not a room of my own, but basically just a work surface plunked in the middle of the room my kids claim as their domain. Also, it is obviously not inspiring to me, as I have never used it for creative purposes. Ever.

I think what I really dream of is a frothy, feminine room, reserved only for creative endeavours...more whimsical than orderly, although beautiful organization is a must. Instead of filing cabinets (though I'd take one in pink!), I'm thinking open shelving, skirted in a great retro-pretty fabric, with beautiful lined baskets. I want a judy/dress form to model my growing collection of vintage aprons:

I will keep quiet now, and tip my hat off to the wonderfully talented women who carved out the following breathtakingly beautiful craft studios. Or rather, I am simply speechless due to the aching lump of envy in my throat.

Check out these studios, all found on Flickr.com:



If you, too, want to be rendered completely jealous, check out these: Alicia Paulson's studio, and Jenny B.'s fabulous craft studios.

I am officially now in pain....

 
coompax-digital magazine